Monday, October 24, 2016

Antigone.

There is no happiness where there is no wisdom. No wisdom but in the submission of the gods. Big words are always punished, and proud men in old age learn to be wise"
I am not always the brightest. I act in the spur of the moment a lot. I am very prideful. I need to learn how to take a step back and let go of my pride before I become old. I need to learn how to fully submit myself to God as that is the only place for happiness. Sadly I'm not quite ready to submit myself to someone I don't fully know.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You've tapped into the core of all literature--books are an opportunity for us to see ourselves in a new way. As Hamlet says to Gertrude, "You go not till I set you up a glass. Where you may see the inmost part of you" (3.4).

    ReplyDelete